Oooooh, models and salads, salads and models…
It is so cliche, but I really like to eat a good, filling salad. Especially before a lingerie shoot, my meals primarily consist of salads, soups and other vegetable mixes. To make it more fun for myself I try new flavors and use different colors.
After looking into my fridge I saw three things that I normally would not combine, but hey you only live once!
I used a color theme in my head and this time it was going to be a white salad with a hint of yellow (Bob Ross would me proud of me).
It might seem strange, but the combination of the slightly bitter chicory with the anisseed taste of the fennel worked out great. The mackerel adds a nice smoked and creamy flavor to the salad, yum!!
Maybe I should let the taste do the talking and just give you the recipe:
For 2 persons you need:
- 1 fennel
- 2 pieces of chicory (also known as Belgian endive)
- 1/2 smoked mackerel
- A lovely extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some freshly ground pepper
- Optional: a green apple to make it a fresh and sparkling salad
- Cut the fennel and chicory in chunks and divide it over two plates. I did not remove the bitter inner part of the chicory because I do not find it to bitter, but feel free to do so.
- Fillet the smoked mackerel and be sure you removed the fish bone. Use your hands to crumble the fillet and divide it over the plates.
- Add a dash of olive oil, the lemon juice and some pepper to the salad.
Copyright © 2015 Room for Food. All rights reserved.