Thank God It’s Friday! In a few hours a lot of people are going to celebrate the weekend. They will have a few drinks, some more, and probably too many. Apart from the happy memories of the night before, if they are any of them that made it through all the shots you took, there will be the headache, the nausea and the ‘I-will-never-drink-agains’. But hey, why worry? When you buy the ingredients for this sandwich today, there will be no problems tomorrow. (Wow, that sounded like a Home Shopping ad)
It is such a great combination of flavors and a good alternative to a bag of French fries to shut your hangover’s mouth.
So hop on your bike, race to the supermarket and take this shopping list with you:
- 1 nice whole-wheat bun
- 3 slices of Jamon Iberico
- 3 slices of eggplant
- 1 slice of tomato
- Mixed Salad or Rucola
- Olive Oil
- Cut three slices of the eggplant and bake them in some olive oil
- Cut the bun and put some pesto on the inner side of one half and the hummous on the other half
- Put the eggplant slices on the pesto side and stack up the jamon, tomato, and salad
- Add some pepper onto that heap of goodness and put the hummous half of the bun on top of it all
- Take a bite, think of the good times you had last night and enjoy!