A lot of people underappreciate a good breakfast. They would rather stay in bed a little longer than “waste” their time on preparing and eating a good bowl of cereal, a nice sandwich or an egg. I am the total opposite of the sleep-in crowd, I’d rather wake up way to early, like an hour and a half before leaving the house, than going outside with an empty stomach.
I see myself as a breakfast extremist, because when you don’t fuel me up, I will explode. So for the sake of my friends and family, I always eat something in the morning. Also because it will get your metabolism going and with a healthy meal in the morning you will not long for bad, sugary stuff as much as you used to.
My new favorite is a bowl of:
- 1 cup of rice-coconut milk (I used the one of a brand called Provamel)
- 3 tablespoons of linseeds
- 1 tablespoon of hempseeds
- A hand of mixed nuts
- A cup of frozen summer fruits (it is a mixture of all kinds of berries)
- And a good teaspoon of cinnamon
- I normally let the linseeds soak in the milk for 5 minutes and in the meanwhile let the berries defrost a little. Then mix it with everything else.
- I like to have the berries a little bit frozen, because it will remind me of an popsicle
- Good Morning and enjoy!
By the way I posted this photo on instagram and twitter, you will find me as roomforfood. Follow me!